Call for Proposals for BRASA XIV Open!
The 14th International Conference of the Brazilian Studies Association (BRASA) will take place between July 25 and July 28, 2018 at PUC-Rio (Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro) in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The conference program will include academic panels, invited speakers, plenary sessions, and cultural activities.
Guidelines for proposals:
- Participants need to be BRASA members in order to submit a proposal. This is a departure from BRASA’s previous more flexible policy. Please upload the confirmation page of your membership together with your proposal.
To become a member of BRASA or to renew your membership, please visit https://www.regonline.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1866402
- BRASA accepts two types of proposals:
- a) Individual papers, which in the case of acceptance, will be assigned by the program committee to a panel with similar topic.
- b) Complete panels, for which all participants are already included in the initial proposal. Besides the regular presenters, a panel may also include the following roles:
- Chair (required) – Someone who leads the panel and who is responsible for communicating with Congress organization. The chair may or may not present a paper in the panel.
- Moderator (optional) – Someone who will discuss the presentations by the end of the panel. The moderator should not be one of the presenters in the panel.
Each panel will last for about 2 hours, and should include at least 30 minutes for discussion immediately following the presentations. BRASA suggests panels to have four or five papers. Panels with fewer participants may have other individual papers added to it by the committee. Panels with 5 or more papers are suggested to be divided into multiple panels.
All proposals must be submitted through the portal https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=brasa2018
The Program Committee will not consider proposals submitted in any other format. Please check the step-by-step instructions for single paper and for panel submission.
- Each participant may submit only one proposal and present only one paper in the Congress. However, a participant can also serve as chair or moderator in different panels.
- The Program Committee will give preference to complete panel proposals with participants from different universities and that have an interdisciplinary focus.
- The deadline for proposals is May 31, 2017.
- In case of questions, please contact the BRASA secretariat at email@example.com