Twelfth International Congress of the Brazilian Studies Association 20-23 August 2014 - Call for Papers
The 12th International Congress of the Brazilian Studies Association (BRASA) will take place in August 2014 in London. The Congress program will include academic panels, invited speakers, workshops, plenary sessions, and cultural activities. Our partners will be King’s Brazil Institute at King’s College London and the Lemann Institute for Brazilian Studies at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.BRASA’s Executive Committee has adopted the following guidelines for proposing papers and organizing panels:
- All proposals for panels or papers must be submitted directly to the Program Committee through the BRASA Proposal Portal. The Program Committee will not consider proposals not submitted and received through the Proposal Portal at: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=brasa2014.
Click here for single paper submission instructions and for panel submission instructions.
- Each participant must be a member of BRASA. Each participant may present only one paper in the Congress, but may also preside over a panel or serve as a discussant. To register as a member and/or participant of the BRASA XII Congress please visit the BRASA Enrollment Portal at http://www.regonline.com/BRASA13-14.
- BRASA suggests that all panels include at least four papers, but no more than five, and that the moderator not be presenting a paper. Each session should leave at least 30 minutes for discussion or for comments by a discussant immediately following the presentations.
- The Congress will have approximately 12 sessions with 12 panels per session during a period of three days, for a total of 144 panels.
- Questions about the organization of panels and suggestions for other possible events at the Congress should be directed to the BRASA secretariat at: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Chair of the Program Committee, Bryan McCann: email@example.com.
- The Program Committee will give preference to proposals to organize complete panels with participants from different universities and that have an interdisciplinary focus.
- Dates for submission and acceptance of proposals are the following: the deadline for submission of proposals for panels or individual papers through the BRASA Proposal Portal is October 15, 2013. The Program Committee will announce final decisions by February 15, 2014.
BRASA dues cover two calendar years, January - December.
To check your membership category and join BRASA please visit the BRASA Enrollment Portal at http://www.regonline.com/BRASA13-14.